Lean Six Sigma Certificate
Lean Six Sigma is a melding of industrial efficiency and quality techniques that are increasingly being applied to all businesses and organizations to improve quality while reducing costs. Lean focuses on increasing efficiencies and eliminating waste in the supply chain. Six Sigma is a quality-focused problem-solving methodology.
The online Lean Six Sigma Certificate is ideal for individuals interested in enhancing their knowledge and skills in the areas of quality and efficiency. The program is well-suited for working professionals pursuing careers in manufacturing, construction, mechanical design, and many other service and technology industries. In addition, the program is ideal for currently enrolled students who wish to increase employability.
- Unlike many certificates, this program consists of four credit-bearing courses. Note that a certificate from Indiana State University is an educational program and different from certification. Certification is conferred by professional organizations based on work experience, completion of work projects, passing professional exams, and other criteria.
- All courses are offered online. On-campus visits are not required.
- The program is easily integrated with most majors on campus and can be completed in a 12-month period. The program works well with the Technology Management Accelerated MS Program.
- Prior professional work experience is beneficial. Credit for prior learning, for example, applicable work experience or professional certification, is possible for some courses.
- The online Lean Six Sigma Certificate Program is open to eligible students in the U.S. (including the District of Columbia and all U.S. territories). The program is closed to students residing in countries other than the U.S. except for U.S. military and State Department personnel and their family members with APO/FPO addresses.
The Lean Six Sigma Certificate Program is open to all currently enrolled students who wish to increase employability. Students should consult with their advisors before enrolling in courses to ensure suitability and plan their program of study.
The program is also open to working professionals. To enroll and complete the certificate program, individuals must apply for admission as non-degree students. For application instructions, visit Admissions.
This certificate is well-suited for individuals pursuing professional careers in manufacturing, construction, business, healthcare, education, and many other service and technology industries. Quality is a vital function in every organization. Careers specifically dealing with quality are growing faster than most other careers as organizations seek to improve quality while reducing costs. The certificate is excellent preparation (in combination with the required work experience) for the American Society for Quality (ASQ) Six Sigma certification and Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME) Lean certification, which further enhances career opportunities.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Students have many sources of financial support for their studies, including financial aid, work-study programs, veterans' benefits, and special scholarships for entering freshmen and transfer students.
For further information and assistance, contact:
The Graduate Catalog and Undergraduate Catalog of Indiana State University are the documents of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalogs supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.