The following are general guidelines. Upon admission, academic advisors review transcripts to determine which credit transfers and which courses will be included in the student's program of study.
- Credit earned from regionally accredited colleges or universities is transferable.
- Technical skills courses in an A.A.S. program may not transfer; however, any credit earned in general education, liberal arts, or liberal studies may be transferable.
- Transfer credit is assigned only for courses in which the student has earned a grade of "C" or higher.
- The Insurance and Risk Management Program cannot accept Ivy Tech Community College credit earned prior to 1993.
- Generally, an equivalent number of credit hours are given.
- In some cases, credit may be transferable to the University, but may not be applied toward completion of the Insurance and Risk Management Program.
- Remedial, audited, or non-credit classes do not transfer.
- College Living, orientation, and study skills classes do not transfer.
- Up to 90 credit hours of total transfer credit will be accepted for transfer into a bachelor degree program; at least 30 credit hours must be completed through ISU to earn the bachelor degree.
Note: For a free course-by-course transfer evaluation (from Indiana schools and selected out-of-state schools), visit the University's transfer planning tool.