The following are general guidelines for credit transfer. Upon admission, academic advisors review transcripts to determine which credit transfers and which courses will be included in the student's program of study.
- Credit earned from regionally accredited colleges or universities is transferable.
- Transfer credit is assigned only for courses in which the student has earned a grade of "C" or higher.
- Generally, an equivalent number of credit hours are given.
- In some cases, credit may be transferable to the University, but may not be applied toward completion of the Mechanical Engineering Technology Program.
- Remedial, audited, or non-credit courses do not transfer. This may include courses that apply credit towards graduation at the source institution, if they are determined to be equivalent to remedial courses at ISU.
- College living, orientation, and study classes will transfer for credit if they received credit towards graduation at the source institution.
- Up to 90 credit hours of total transfer credit will be accepted for transfer into a bachelor degree program; at least 30 credit hours must be completed through ISU to earn the bachelor degree.