Freshman New Student Orientation
Freshman New Student Orientation is a two-day experience specifically for students entering college for the first time. Students will gain a basic understanding of the University and their academic major, get their University ID card, and register for their first semester coursework. In order to register for classes, students must attend an orientation session. Parents and guests of students are encouraged to attend.
If you are a veteran or will be using veteran’s benefits we suggest that you attend the June 12-13, June 23-24, or July 7-8 sessions. At these sessions representatives from the Veteran’s Services office will be hosting breakout sessions to answer all of your questions about the application of benefits.
All new students will be assessed an orientation fee of $100 on their first e-bill.
REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Students must log in and register for a date. To register for orientation, follow these three easy steps (you will leave this page and must return to complete registration).
Step 1: Activate your MyISU login (Student Portal).
- Your University ID number can be found on your Letter of Acceptance from the Office of Admissions or your invitation to New Student Orientation.
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password.
- Once your login is activated, it will show you what your username is. Keep both your username and password in a safe place. You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, John Smith's portal login may be jsmith78. John's full email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Register for New Student Orientation using your new portal login and password: register online
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your new University email account.
Step 3: Check your University email
- You will receive a confirmation email with more details about New Student Orientation.
- Your University email is how the University will send you most official communication so please be sure to check it often.
If you're having difficulty registering for orientation, please call the Office of Admissions, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or 812-237-2121 or email.