Freshman New Student Orientation
Freshman New Student Orientation is a two-day experience specifically for students entering college for the first time. Students will gain a basic understanding of the University and their academic major, get their University ID card, and register for their first-semester coursework. In order to register for classes, students must attend an orientation session. Due to capacities of our theaters, we ask you bring no more than two guests with you to new student orientation. We want to make your and your guests' experience as wonderful as possible and appreciate your corporation.
All new students will be assessed an orientation fee of $100 on their first e-bill. No fees are due at the time you register for orientation.
REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Students must log in and register for a date. To register for orientation, follow these three easy steps (you will leave this page and must return to complete registration).
Step 1: Activate your MyISU Portal.
- Your University ID number can be found on your Letter of Acceptance from the Office of Admissions or your invitation to New Student Orientation.
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password.
- Once your login is activated, it will show you what your username is. Keep both your username and password in a safe place. You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, John Smith's portal login may be jsmith78. John's full email address would be email@example.com.
Step 2: Register for New Student Orientation using your new MyISU portal login and password.
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your new University email account.
Step 3: Check your University email
- You will receive a confirmation email with more details about New Student Orientation.
- Your University email is how the University will send you most official communication so please be sure to check it often.
Step 4: Read more about New Student Orientation
- Complete your checklist.
- Read other important orientation information which can be found on the right-hand-side links.
If you're having difficulty registering for orientation, please call the Office of New Student Transition Programs, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or (812) 237-2121 or email.