International New Student Orientation
Registration is currently open for students starting in January 2018. Registration for students starting in August 2018 will be available in February 2018.
Undergraduate International Students are required to attend all three days of orientation. Dates and times are listed below followed by an explanation of each event and how to register for orientation. International students who do not attend all the required events below may not be allowed to register for classes and will have to start classes the following semester.
SPRING 2018 ADMITS
International Student Check-In
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018
- Holmstedt Hall
- Check-in begins at 1:00 p.m. EST.
International Student Orientation (Undergraduates Only)
- Thursday, January 11, 2018
- Hulman Memorial Student Union - Dede II
- Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. EST.
- Students MUST register for this event before attending
International Student Registration
- Friday, January 12, 2018
- Academic advising appointments, including times and locations, will be given out on January 11 at orientation
- Students will not be given academic schedules outside of the January 12 meeting with academic advisor
- Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
- Hulman Memorial Student Union - Dede III
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. EST.
International Student Orientation seeks to provide new students with valuable information that will help them adjust to studying and living at Indiana State and the opportunity to get to know other students and State staff.
International Student Registration, which is held on Day 3 of the Orientation program, will provide international students the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor and register for courses. Students will not be given academic schedules outside of this session held on January 12.
The Immigration Seminar is required for all international students. Topics discussed in the immigration seminar include: important immigration regulations, housing and dining services, health care, banking, transportation, student employment, safety, community engagement, and student activities and organizations. New students also have the chance to meet returning students and representatives from various international student organizations during orientation.
To register for International Orientation, follow these three easy steps (each link will open a new browser)
Step 1: Activate your Sycamore Login via the Student Portal.
- Your University ID number can be found on your Letter of Acceptance from the Office of Admissions or your invitation to New Student Orientation
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password
- Once your Sycamore Login is activated, your username will be displayed. Keep both your username and password in a safe place. You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, Sycamore Sam's Sycamore Login may be ssam17. Sam's full email address would be email@example.com
Step 2: Register for New Student Orientation using your new Sycamore Login and password: Register Online »
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to make sure your spot is saved. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your new Sycamore Email Account
Step 3: Access your Sycamore Email and check it often
If you're having difficulty registering for Orientation, please call the Office of New Student Transition Programs, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or 812-237-2121 or email.
All students will be assessed a fee on their first e-bill for new student orientation. No fees are due at the time you register for orientation.
Students must attend and bring your I-20, Passport, Visa, and 1-94 to all events. Please check your Sycamore email account for email updates. Specific questions about immigration, documentation, travel, or the immigration seminar can be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-237-2440.