Transfer Student Orientation
Transfer New Student Orientation is a half-day program specifically for students who are new to Indiana State University but have some experience and previous coursework at a community college or other four-year institution. Students with dual credit and College Challenge credits only are still considered first-year (freshman) students. Families and guests of students are encouraged to attend but not required.
Transfer students must make an academic advising appointment with their advisor prior to attending orientation. Appointments should be scheduled for the day of the session after 12:00pm EDT. For a list of academic advisors please visit the academic advising appointment page.
All new transfer students will be assessed an orientation fee of $45 on their first e-bill.
REGISTER FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Students must login and register for a date. To register for orientation, follow these three easy steps (you will leave this page and must return to complete registration).
Step 1: Activate your MyISU login (Student Portal)
- Your University ID number can be found on your Letter of Acceptance from the Office of Admissions or your invitation to New Student Orientation.
- Note the detailed requirements when choosing your password.
- Once your login is activated, it will show you what your username is. Keep both your username and password in a safe place. You will use this often throughout college. Usernames are typically the first letter of your first name, with your last name, and possibly a digit. For example, John Smith's Sycamore Login may be jsmith78. John's full email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Register for New Student Orientation using your new portal login and password: Register Online
- Be sure to click "Submit" at the end to reserve your spot. Confirmation and reminder emails will be sent to your new Sycamore email account.
Step 3: Check your University email
- You will receive a confirmation email with more details about New Student Orientation.
- Your University email is how the University will send you most official communication so please be sure to check it often.
If you're having difficulty registering for orientation, please call the Office of Admissions, toll-free at 1-800-GO-TO-ISU or 812-237-2121 or email.