Personal Campus Visits
The Office of Admissions will be happy to schedule your campus visit. Our admissions staff will arrange a visit, and tailor the day to meet your particular needs. High school students are encouraged to bring their families.
Schedule Your Visit Now
To schedule a visit, select the image below to access our online registration tool. Fall events will be available for registration after August 1. Most spring events will be available for registration after January 4.
Planning Your Visit
The best way to find out if a school is right for you is to see for yourself. That's why a visit to campus is almost a necessity in helping you choose where you plan to spend your next four years. When scheduling your visit, you can select from one of the following experiences:
- Sycamore Experience a la Carte: The Sycamore Experience a la Carte is the deluxe campus visit! During this visit, you will have the opportunity to tour Indiana State's campus, meet with a friendly Admissions Counselor, see a residence hall, eat in the dining hall, hear about Financial Aid, and meet with an academic department, depending upon availability.
The following majors are available by specialty Sycamore Experience only. Guests are guaranteed a meeting with the academic department. Please note, times and capacity for specialty Sycamore Experiences are set by the department.
- Athletic Training
- Aviation Management
- Aviation (Professional Flight Technology)
- Computer Science
- Criminology & Criminal Justice Department (Includes Criminology and Criminal Justice, Cybercriminology and Security Studies, and Intelligence Analysis majors)
- Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology Department (Includes Automation and Control Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, and Information Technology majors)
- Elementary and Special Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physician's Assistant
- Pre-Professional Programs (Includes Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Engineering, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, and Pre-Veterinary majors)
- Public Health
- Social Work
- State At-A-Glance: The State At-A-Glance visit consists of a group Admissions presentation and a student-guided campus tour.
- Students and families will get a guided tour of one of our residence halls. In this session, you will be able to experience real Sycamore living with one of our students who live on campus!
- Veterans Services - did you or someone in your family serve in the military? Have questions about receiving aid and benefits? Add the Veterans Services session to get the chance to talk to our VA representative and get those questions answered!
- Campus visits are scheduled Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- For those who are unable to visit on a weekday, campus visits are available on select Saturdays. All Saturday visits are group appointments starting at 10:00 a.m. and ending at 1:00 p.m.
Please note the following exceptions:
- Visits are limited to State-at-a-Glance tours during Fall Break, Winter Recess, and Spring Break. No visits are offered during University closings.
Tips for Visiting
- If you are unfamiliar with campus or the city of Terre Haute, allow plenty of time to get to campus—and remember that all times listed refer to Eastern Time.
- Be sure to dress comfortably as you will be walking around campus.
- Write down important information you receive during the meetings and campus tour (dates, names of faculty/staff, questions that come up after your meetings, etc.)
- Come with a written list of questions. Our goal is to make sure you leave with all your questions answered.