You are here
Returning Indiana State students must apply for re-admission if they:
- Have not attended Indiana State for more than two calendar years; or
- Wish to continue studies after completion of an Indiana State degree.
NOTE: In addition to completing the online re-admission application, students who have been academically dismissed from Indiana State must answer the following questions with thoughtful and well-written responses:
- What specific cause(s) have you identified as the reason(s) for your dismissal?
- Describe the plans and actions you have identified which will assist you in being successful at Indiana State.
- Why have you chosen this particular major?
- Please provide any additional information you feel is important to our review of your petition.
Upload a word document with your written responses in the Supplemental Materials section in the online application.
For application types other than Re-Admission, please see this page.
Applicants normally receive a response within two weeks of receipt of all application materials, including:
- Application. Apply online. Walks-ins also welcomed.
- Official transcripts. Students who have attended colleges or universities during their absence from Indiana State must have official transcripts from those institutions forwarded to the Office of Admissions.
- Copy of alien registration card (green card) if applicable.
- Application fee: None
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received before the following dates. Early application is encouraged.
Fall semester.................... August 1
Spring semester............... December 1
Summer session.............. May 1
Applications received after these deadlines will be accepted and every attempt made to ensure consideration for the desired semester or term.
Students are eligible for unconditional re-admission if they left Indiana State University in good academic standing—and maintained at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average at any other institutions attended.
The applications of students who do not meet the readmission requirements will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Office of Admissions and the academic dean of the college of the student's intended major.