You are here
The transfer application is for applicants who have previously attended another college or university. Students are required to disclose and submit all records of college level coursework attempted or completed. Upon review, Indiana State University will determine what academic credits will transfer toward a degree or program upon enrollment. If college credits were attained while attending high school, then the student would fill out the freshman application, not the transfer application. Use the self-service Transfer Planning Tool to see how your credits may transfer.
For application types other than Transfer, please see this page.
Submit application materials to the Office of Admissions (at right). Applicants normally receive a response within two weeks of receipt of all application materials, including:
- Application to be completed online.
- Official transcripts. Submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended. Applicants with fewer than 24 transferable hours must also submit an official high school transcript. To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from one institution to another. Any records sent by an applicant will be considered unofficial and will not be utilized for admissions review.
By mail: 318 N 6th St
Office of Admissions
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2020 transfer applicants: If due to the Covid-19 health crisis, you are unable to have an official transcript sent to Indiana State University as part of your application, please contact the Office of Admission and speak with a Transfer Admission Counselor to discuss approved alternatives.
- Military credit. To receive credit for military service, applicants must submit a DD214 and a Joint Services Transcript (if security message appears when visiting this link, follow the instructions to continue to the Web site).
- Copy of alien registration card (green card) if applicable.
- $25.00 application fee (nonrefundable). Payable by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University (include SSN or student ID)
NOTE: Transferable hours are restricted to courses in which the applicant earned a grade of "C" or higher, and courses at the 100-level (and above) from regionally accredited colleges and universities. Credit from nationally accredited colleges and universities will not transfer.
APPLICATION PRIORITY DATES
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received before the following dates. Early application is encouraged.
Fall semester..................... June 1
Spring semester............... December 1
Summer session............... May 1
Applications received after these deadlines will be accepted and every attempt made to ensure consideration for the desired semester or term.
UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following are general admission standards for transfer students:
- Be in good standing at last accredited institution attended.
- Have a high school record that meets the entrance requirements of freshmen admitted to Indiana State University.
- Have earned 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) in all college level studies.
Admission to the following currently require higher standards:
- Bayh College of Education: 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Nursing: Once admitted to the University, nursing programs require a separate application.
NOTE: Some programs require higher standards for admission. Students should consult the section of this Catalog that describes the academic program they wish to enter.
Upon completion of the admission process, including receipt of all transcripts, students will receive (via regular postal service) instructions for activating their University Username on the MyISU Portal—and instructions for accessing their credit evaluation and remaining course requirements at Indiana State University.