You are here
International Graduate Admissions Requirements
Listed below are instructions for international students completing masters, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees.
Important: Graduate programs in the following departments have program-specific applications: Applied Medicine and Rehabilitation; Psychology; Social Work; and Communication Disorders, and Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology. Applicants to these programs must contact the program coordinator or visit the department's website prior to submitting any admission materials. [details].
Deadlines vary by program. Contact the academic department or program coordinator to determine admission deadlines and other important dates.
Some of our programs have start term restrictions. Please, contact the program director for more detail.
Admission is evaluated based on the strength of the application, including:
- Undergraduate GPA or previous graduate GPA
- GRE or GMAT test scores (if required by the program)
- Recommendation letters (if required by the program) *
- Statement of purpose (if required by the program)
Required Application Materials
Applicants normally receive a response within 4-6 weeks of receiving all application materials, including:
Completed Indiana State University application.
- Complete and submit the online university application.
- Fill out the application form completely.
- Use your name as it appears on your passport
- It is vital to use the same name on all correspondence to Indiana State.
- If you do not have a U.S. social security number, leave this item blank, and the University will assign you a University identification number.
- Write your address as you would on an envelope to be mailed to yourself. Include your street and number (or post office box), city/US IP code, province/state/zone, postal code, and country.
- When completing your address on your application, your permanent address must be your home country address, even if you are currently residing in the United States. Do not list the United States address of a friend or relative.
- Indiana State University application fee: $65.00 (U.S.) non-refundable. The application fee is payable by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or check or international money order made payable to Indiana State University. Please note the application fee is non-refundable.
The credential evaluation process can take several weeks to complete, and we strongly urge you to begin the process as early as possible. Your application will not be complete until we have received your academic credential report. We accept credential evaluation reports from these select members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- If you attended high school, college, or university in the U.S., you must have the official transcript(s) sent directly from the school(s) to the Office of Admissions at Indiana State University.
- For students transferring from an international college or university, the Office of the Registrar encourages students to obtain course syllabi or course descriptions of courses previously taken. Syllabi are preferred.
- Students who do not provide syllabi or course descriptions may only expect to receive general elective credit for the courses they have taken. If general credit is awarded for those courses, please make note that such courses may not apply for the degree program. Students should know that provided course syllabi or course descriptions to the Office of the Registrar may not be deemed to be equivalent of a course at Indiana State University and may instead be given general elective credit.
- Affidavit of financial support
- Original current bank statement must be mailed directly from issuing bank to Indiana State University.
- Official TOEFL (code 1322), IELTS, or ELS scores (unless exempt) must be sent directly from testing center to Indiana State University. Required Scores »
- Official GRE, GMAT, and PRAXIS scores (if required by program) must be sent directly from testing center.
- Copy of passport. If studying in the United States a copy of your current I-94 card, F-1, or J-1 visa, and I-20 or DS2019 are also required. If currently in the United States but not studying, a copy of the applicable visa must also be submitted.
For affidavit of financial support and copy of passport, you can send the electronic copy in the "supplemental materials" tab in the online admission application.
NOTE: All academic and supplemental documents that are submitted to Indiana State University become property of Indiana State University and will not be released.
Indiana State University mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, Indiana 47809
United States of America
Note: Applicants are responsible for completing the application process in a timely fashion. The College of Graduate and Professional Studies is not responsible for delays caused by mailing services. Please note that an application will not be reviewed until all required documents are received.
*Letters of recommendation
Under the supplemental materials tab, click on "Add A Recommendation Request". Provide the name and email of the recommendor. Indiana State University will email the recommendor with instructions on how to upload the letter of recommendation.
Letters of recommendation uploaded by the student will not be accepted.