You are here
Pathway to Blue
An academic partnership between Indiana State University and Ivy Tech Community College Terre Haute
Pathway to Blue is your opportunity to become a successful college student and earn a high-value degree from Indiana State University. This invite-only program offers structured support for a successful transition from high school to college. With student success as the goal, this opportunity brings together all the elements of structure and support necessary to help each student achieve their individual goals.
You’ll enroll in courses offered through Ivy Tech Community College on Indiana State’s campus. Pathway to Blue housing is available to eligible students. Personalized academic and social support from both institutions will help you thrive as you prepare to pursue a degree at Indiana State. Plus, you’ll have access to all campus experiences and resources at Indiana State, including residential life, student organizations, athletic events, speaker series, concerts, Student Recreation Center, Cunningham Memorial Library, and more.
Students in Pathway to Blue will:
- Enroll as a general education major for two semesters at Ivy Tech Community College
- Complete 30 transferable college credit hours and the Indiana College Core
- Receive expert guidance from assigned academic advisors at Indiana State and Ivy Tech
- Become eligible for financial aid by submitting your FAFSA to Ivy Tech (school code 009917) and Indiana State (school code 001807). Be sure Ivy Tech is listed first on your list of schools.
- Be provided a laptop from Indiana State University
- Participate in Project Success
- Earn an Ivy Tech associate’s degree through the Reverse Transfer Program
- Be admitted to Indiana State after successfully completing above requirements
This program is invite-only. Students who have applied to Indiana State and have an official transcript on file are notified by mail of their eligibility. The letter serves as their official invitation to the program.
Pathway to Blue State Start-Up Orientation Program: Save the Date for Friday, July 9th 9:00am-4:30pm EST
During State Start-Up, students will get to meet the faculty that will be teaching their courses in the Fall, participate in interactive activities to meet fellow students, learn about the resources that will make you successful Ivy Tech and Indiana State students. All Pathway to Blue Students are required to attend State Start-Up. A separate family program is also available but is not required. Also save the date for part two of the required Orientation program, State Engage on August 15-16. For more information about this program and meeting your other fellow Indiana State students, http://www.indstate.edu/orientation/state-engage.
Indiana State University
Director of Admissions
Ivy Tech Community College Terre Haute