You are here
Financial Assistance for Certificates and Designations
The Career Center offers financial assistance to help defray or eliminate students' out of pocket expenses for fees associated with professional certifications. The program reimburses students for a portion of their certification exam or application fees. The program does not cover licensure or exam fees that are required by an industry or that would be expected as part of employment in that industry (i.e. nursing licensure or teaching licensure, CPR/First Aid etc.). It is meant to encourage certifications that show a student went "above and beyond" to be more competitive and marketable in their career. This program does not cover exam preparation courses (GRE prep, Social Work licensure prep, etc.)
Click Here for a list of professional certifications that qualify for this program and complete the application form below to request reimbursement.
If you are interested in earning an elective certification in an area/industry not listed, complete the application form below. Your request will be reviewed and considered for reimbursement based on content and learning outcomes.
- The student must have completed or be currently enrolled in the course, seminar, or prerequisite training for the certification.
- The student must be currently enrolled in a degree program at Indiana State University.
- Students are eligible to apply for assistance for no more than two certifications.
- A separate application must be submitted for each certification for which the student is seeking assistance.
- The program works on a reimbursement basis. Students must submit evidence of payment and completion of the certification exam to the Career Center in order to receive reimbursement.
Complete the form below to apply. Submit proof of exam/certification completion and payment to the Career Center.