You are here
Distance Students - Career Center Resources
The Career Center provides the opportunity for Indiana State University online or distance learners to participate in career advising appointments via phone or video conferencing. These services are provided by Career Center Coaches who are committed to providing quality career planning assistance to all Indiana State University students. We provide many career services to you from a distance, but we also welcome you to visit The Career Center if you are ever in the Wabash Valley area!
Through Handshake, distance and online learners can access many of the Career Center resources. These include the appointment types below either in-person, by phone or video conferencing:
- Career Exploration
- Career Coaching
- Job Search
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Career Planning
You will use Handshake to set up an appointment. If you schedule a phone appointment, please call the Career Center at 812-237-5000 at the time of your appointment and you will be transferred to the Career Coach.
How to log in to Handshake
How to schedule an appointment in Handshake
- Handshake - By signing into your MyISU Portal, you can schedule an appointment to receive aid from a Career Coach, upload your resume for employers to view, and check out upcoming events and networking opportunities.
- BigInterview - BigInterview is a platform targeted to coaching a student through the interviewing process with insights, practice questions, and mock interviews so that they can nail their interview.
- Career Center Resources - Guides for professional documents and links for your professional development.
- CareerECO - Virtual Career Fairs hosted year-round and in a variety of different industries.
- Candid Career — Candid Career aims to provide students honest information about potential careers. The website includes thousands of videos of real professionals speaking about their jobs and career experiences who give tips for how to succeed in these professions. The tool also includes videos about all aspects of professionalism in the job and internship search.
- What Can I Do with This Major — This website provides a list of majors typically found at most universities. The information provided under each major outlines common career areas one can enter with this major, typical employers that hire in that field, and strategies to optimize career opportunities.
- Ten Thousand Coffees — This ISU Career Center’s mentoring platform seeks to pair students and mentors to share advice and increase networking opportunities. Students and mentors determine how often they connect, whether it is in person or virtually, and what the mentoring will consist of. Conversation themes and icebreakers are provided to help make conversation easier.
- Focus2 — Focus2 is a career assessment platform that helps students identify potential majors and occupations that best suit their interests, values, and skillsets.