You are here
Indiana State University abides by the NACE Principles for Professional Practice for Career Services and Employment Professionals and expects employers to do the same.
Employers are expected to maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with Indiana State University staff. That includes cooperation with Indiana State University policies and procedures, meeting necessary deadlines to ensure smooth operation of on-campus interview visits, functioning within the NACE principles mentioned above, and maintaining the confidentiality of student data as outlined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
All employer representatives are expected to support Indiana State University policies in all interactions with students. Of course, the Career Center of Indiana State University appreciates employer feedback and on these policies at any time.
- Indiana State University reserves the right to refuse service to any employer that violates the NACE Principles for Professional Practice or any Indiana State University policy.
- Indiana State University reserves the right to refuse service to any employer if a review of the specific opportunity or nature/status of the company suggests that it is inappropriate for our service population; if students are injured or exposed to unsafe working conditions; if the employer discriminates; or if Indiana State University receives student complaints about discrimination, harassment, threats, unsafe working conditions, or any other questionable circumstance.
- Indiana State University will not provide service to any employer requiring upfront payment of any kind or the purchase of products or work equipment/tools (with the possible exception of safety equipment such as steel-toed boots).
- All organizations must agree to all EEO / Affirmative Action requirements and guidelines.
- No fees of any kind will be charged to students or alumni.
- Handshake will not be used to solicit business of any kind.
- Indiana State University does not recommend or select candidates for employers.
Indiana State University reserves the right to decline postings that require a financial investment by candidates, or positions that may involve unreasonable risks or postings for positions that conflict with the NACE Principles of Professional Conduct.
- Job postings must be actual openings for internships, cooperative education assignments, and/or traditional, W-2 or 1099 full-or part-time employees.
- Your job postings or e-mails must contain sufficient detail to convey clearly to the user the nature and basic requirements of the job opportunity.
- Indiana State University Career Center staff will review each job description for appropriateness and to ensure the posting entity is credible.
- You also must use a valid email address in order to post a job on Handshake. Using a personal email such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. may cause a delay in the approval of a job posting.
- Your job postings or e-mail communications may not contain anything that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful; or anything that is embarrassing or offensive to another person or entity.
- You may not use your job postings or e-mail to post advertisements or solicitations for employment in the pornography industry; the gambling industry, or post pyramid schemes.
- You may not use your job postings or e-mail to post false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
Indiana State University is an equal opportunity employer and educator. Each candidate shall be considered on the basis of qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All recruiters must comply with the nondiscrimination requirements of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) standards.
Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri: 10am - 12pm & 1 - 3pm
Indiana State University Career Center
231 North 6th Walkway
Terre Haute, IN 47809