You are here
FOCUS 2 - Career Assessment
FOCUS 2 Career is an online, self-guided system that will help students identify potential majors and occupations that best suit their interests and skill sets. It will also help you identify the 8 career competencies that employers are seeking in interview candidates and new employees. You can take these assessment sections on your phone, tablet, or any device. Typically, the total time spent by students the first time they use the program is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours. Working through the program does not have to be done in one sitting. You can log back in at any time.
Faculty: if you are having students take the Focus 2 Career Assessment for a class, please consider inviting a Career Center staff member into your class to review the results and how to use them in making major and career decisions.
Students: If you are taking Focus 2 as part of a class assignment, please encourage your faculty to invite a Career Center staff member into your class to review the results and how to use them to make major and career decisions.
If you are not doing this for class and would like to review your results with a career coach, please make a “Focus 2” appointment through your Handshake account.
When logging in for the FIRST time, click on REGISTER under Don’t have an account?
Create your own personal account now.
2. Enter the ACCESS CODE on the self-registration page: Sycamores (this is case sensitive)
3. Use your sycamores.indstate.edu email in your registration
4. Choose a username and password you will remember (use your ISU username and password for consistency)
5. On the drop-down menu “Graduation Date” please enter your ISU anticipated graduation date
6. On the drop-down menu “Who Referred You to Focus 2” please select the most appropriate group you belong to. If you are not completing this for any class requirement, you can use “Career Center” or “Self-referred.”
7. Create 2 security questions and answers that you will remember.
8. Under Career Planning Foundations complete:
My Career Planning Involvement
Am I Career Ready?
9. Under complete:
Work Interest Assessment
If you have questions or problems with the assessment tool, please contact the Career Center at ISU-Career-Center@indstate.edu or 812.237.5000.
Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri: 10am - 12pm & 1 - 3pm
Indiana State University Career Center
231 North 6th Walkway
Terre Haute, IN 47809