You are here
Graduate School Prep
Selecting a Program
- Indiana State University College of Graduate and Professional Studies - A doctoral research institution with more than 75 graduate programs that is committed to offering students a rich and rigorous curriculum. Students can pursue certificates in as concentrated area of study, enroll in professional development courses, and fulfill continuing education requirements.
- Graduate School Preparation Guide* - A PDF provided by the Indiana State University Career Center that gives a list of important tips for graduate school such as the Do’s and Dont’s of personal statements, paying for graduate school, links, and school year plan guidelines.
- Peterson's Guide - A resource for finding scholarships, test prep, and graduate schools that meet a grad student’s needs.
- US News Best Graduate Schools - A resource that lists over 2,000 graduate schools to aid a student in finding the best program for them.
- GradSchools.com - A resource where a student can find an affordable graduate school from accredited schooling programs and narrow their search based on what type of program they are searching for or the major they have.
- Graduate Prep Guide.com - A website that not only provides students access to search for graduate schools but also has a series of resources and helpful advice and articles to assist in their search
Graduate School Admissions Test Information
- ISU Learning Express Library Instructions - Instructions to the ISU Learning Express Library, a free resource that provides practice graduate exams
- Magoosh - A website who's mission is to be committed to making test prep accessible, effective, and enjoyable so that students can achieve their educational dreams.
- KAPLAN (Test Prep and Admissions) - A website that provides preparation for over 120 tests.
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) - A site that aids in finding a business graduate school by providing information, tools, and a resource that allows you to search and compare schools.
- GRE On-line (Graduate Record Examination) - A site where you can take the GRE for graduate school. You decide what scores you want to send to schools and you can retake the test if you felt your scores were unsatisfactory.
- MCAT - Here, you are able to prepare for taking the Medical College Admission Test by studying on your own or with a teacher. The Kaplan website also gives MCAT consultations for prepping, and claims that if you do not get higher scores on your MCAT, you will get your money back.
- LSAT - The Law School Admission Test website provides official prep resources, sample tests, and a materials list for free to aid in your studying. It also allows you to register online for your official test-taking day.
- Powerscore - An interactive classroom and one-on-one private tutoring website meant to aid in preparing for major tests such as the LSAT, GRE, GMAT, ACT, and SAT.
*Updated Spring 2021
Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri: 10am - 12pm & 1 - 3pm
Indiana State University Career Center
231 North 6th Walkway
Terre Haute, IN 47809