You are here
Focus Indiana Scholarship
Internship Scholarship Program
Internships are work-related learning experiences that provide students with the chance to gain important knowledge and skills in a career related that may or may not be directly related to their academic study. An internship provides exposure to career fields of interest without making a permanent commitment. Employers are encouraged to place their internship opportunities on Handshake -for free- where students can search for the best internships.
These $1000 scholarships support targeted internship experiences that will develop students' understanding of themselves and a meaningful career path, provide employers with capable interns, contribute to economic development and promote employment of ISU graduates in Indiana.
Internships must be overseen by an instructor and can be for credit or non-credit. It is the responsibility of the student to locate a site for the internship and find an instructor willing to be their sponsor for the internship. Career Center staff is willing to assist the student locating both.
Focus Indiana Requirements
- Currently enrolled student at ISU
- Classified as a Junior or Senior with more than 60 credit hours
- 2.5 GPA
- Be in good judicial standing with the University
- Turn in completed and signed copies of the application and with attached job description, cover letter, resume, and letter of recommendation to the Career Center
- Completion of requirements as stated by employer and faculty sponsor in job description
- Completion of both student and supervisor evaluation
- Internship position requires a minimum of 200 hours
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Internship must be in the state of Indiana
Complete the internship agreement/application, checklist, and recommendation form through The Branch.