You are here
Financial Assistance for Certificates and Designations
The Career Center offers financial reimbursement to help defray or eliminate students' out of pocket expenses for fees associated with professional certifications. The program reimburses students for a portion of their certification exam or application fees. The program does not cover licensure or exam fees that are required by an industry or that would be expected as part of employment in that industry (i.e. nursing licensure or teaching licensure, CPR/First Aid etc.). It is meant to encourage certifications that show a student went "above and beyond" to be more competitive and marketable in their career. This program does not cover exam preparation courses (GRE prep, Social Work licensure prep, etc.)
- The student must have completed or currently be enrolled in the course, seminar, or prerequisite training for the certification.
- The student must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at Indiana State University.
- Students are eligible to apply for assistance for no more than two certifications.
- A separate application must be submitted for each certification for which the student is seeking assistance, prior to obtaining the certification.
- The program works on a reimbursement basis. Students are required to submit evidence of payment and completion of the exam according to the award letter instructions.
Click Here for a list of professional certifications that qualify for this program and complete the application form below to request reimbursement.
If you are interested in earning an elective certification in an area/industry not listed, complete the application. Your request will be reviewed and considered for reimbursement based on content and learning outcomes.
Once your reimbursement is approved you will receive an approval email. Students are required to submit evidence of payment and completion of the exam according to the award letter instructions to Donna.Isbell.