You are here
Career Center Guides & Workshop Recordings
- Career Fair Preparation Guide - A guide on how to prepare for career fairs with what to do before and during the fair, a clothing guide, a list of four steps to success, and more.
- Career Readiness Competencies - A guide for connecting career skills with the career competencies published by the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
- Cover Letter Writing Guide - A guide on writing cover letters that includes a template, sample and rubric for cover letters.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) FAQ for International Students - A handout explaining what Curricular Practical Training is, who is eligible for it, what jobs are available through CPT, and other information
- Curriculum Vitae Writing Guide - A guide on writing a curriculum vitae (an overview on one’s career) that gives examples for example CV’s based on the branch of education a student studied in and some other tips.
- Federal Government Job and Internship Search Handout - A handout providing advice on applying for Federal Government positions from listing links and resources to stating key points to focus on when creating your résumé.
- Grad School Preparation Guide - A guide outlining common tests for entrance to grad school, tips for personal statements, and additional resources.
- Green Jobs Resume and LinkedIn Guide - A guide that shares points of considerations to build out your career assets to speak to your interest and skills in the green job market.
- Informational Interview and Job Shadowing Guide - A guide outlining best practices for Informational Interviews and Job Shadowing.
- Interview Preparation & Negotiation Guide - A guide outlining tips for preparing and doing well during an interview.
- Networking Guide - A guide that covers a series of topics on networking such as how to get started, developing and managing a personal brand, how to utilize social media, and other advice.
- Nursing Job Search - A guide aiming to assist those looking for nursing jobs in tasks such as how to craft their resume, making an effective cover letter, tips for creating a reference sheet, and many other things.
- Online Career Center Resources - A guide outlining current available resources online.
- Résumé Writing Guide- A guide on writing résumés that gives advice on many subjects from making effective bullet points to providing a reference sheet and rubric for you to evaluate your résumé
- Teacher Job Search Guide - A guide targeting students pursuing a career in teaching that gives tips on how to develop their portfolio, provides job search resources, and other help to make things easier
Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri: 10am - 12pm & 1 - 3pm
Indiana State University Career Center
231 North 6th Walkway
Terre Haute, IN 47809