You are here
Career Center Guides & Workshop Recordings
- Career Competencies - A guide for connecting career skills with the career competencies published by the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
- Career Fair Preparation Guide - A guide on how to prepare for the Career Fair with what to do before and during the fair, a clothing guide, a list of four steps to success, and more.
- Cover Letter Writing Guide* - A guide to writing cover letters that includes a template, sample and rubric for cover letters.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) FAQ for International Students - A PDF that explains what Curricular Practical Training is, who is eligible for it, what jobs are available through CPT, and other information
- Curriculum Vitae Writing Guide* - A guide in writing a curriculum vitae (an overview on one’s career) that gives examples for example CV’s based on the branch of education a student studied in and some other tips.
- Federal Government Job and Internship Search Handout - This PDF provides advice on applying for Federal Government positions from listing links and resources to stating key points to focus on when creating your resume.
- Grad School Preparation Guide* - Guide outlining common tests for entrance to grad school, tips for personal statements, and additional resources.
- Informational Interview and Job Shadowing Guide* - Guide outlining best practices for Informational Interviews and Job Shadowing.
- Interview Preparation & Negotiation Guide - Guide outlinings tips for preparing and doing well during an interview.
- Networking Guide 2021* - A guide that covers a series of topics on networking such as how to get started, developing and managing a personal brand, how to utilize social media, and other advice.
- Nursing Job Search - This guide aims to assist those looking for nursing jobs in tasks such as how to craft their resume, making an effective cover letter, tips for creating a reference sheet, and many other things.
- Online Career Center Resources* - Guide outlining current available resources online.
- Overview of Career Center Services- This is a video discussing an overview of Career Center Services.
- Resume Writing Guide* - A guide on writing resumes that gives advice on many subjects from making effective bullet points to providing a reference sheet and rubric for you to evaluate your resume
- Teacher Job Search Guide - A resource targeted to students pursuing a career in teaching that gives tips on how to develop their portfolio, provides job search resources, and other help to make things easier
- Writing a Letter of Recommendation - A PDF guide to writing a letter of recommendation.
Watch All Workshops
Watch recorded Career Center Workshops - A playlist of all workshops from the Career Center.
Watch Specific Workshops
- HR & Salary Negotiation - A workshop about the hiring process and tips for negotiating your salary.
- Ditch the Debt - A workshop with tips and tools for reducing debt, especially student loans, and ways to stay on budget.
- OPT & CPT - A workshop for international students explaining the application process for OPT & CPT, and important documents needed for the process.
Workshops in the Sycamore Alumni Speaker Series
- Using Poverty as an Advantage Throughout Your College Career - This workshop provides insight into how poverty and low income can be used as assets, rather than disparities.
- Is Your Major Your Passion? - A presentation from an ISU alum about the importance of majoring in something that is interesting and will help you meet your goals.
- Boss Lady Panel - A panel of successful women, all who graduated from ISU, share their perspectives & insights regarding career success.
- Navigating Through Spaces of Privilege - A presentation on how privilege affects everyone, and how to recognize your own privilege at work and within society.
*Updated Summer 2021
Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri: 10am - 12pm & 1 - 3pm
Indiana State University Career Center
231 North 6th Walkway
Terre Haute, IN 47809