You are here
Professional Organizations & Job Boards
- Air Force Sergeants Association (AFSA) represents the professional and personal interests of active duty, retired and veteran Total Air Force and their families.
- Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Professional association of active duty, separated, and retired soldiers, dedicated to keeping the Army strong.
- Blinded Veterans Association helps veterans and their families meet and overcome the challenges of blindness through resources such as job opportunities, advocacy, networks, and scholarships and awards.
- Fleet Reserve Assocation (FRA) represents the interests of the enlisted members of the United States Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
- Hire Heroes USA is dedicated to empower US military members, veterans, and military spouses to succeed in civilian workforce.
- Jewish War Veterans of the USA Foundation (JWVF) gives back to the veteran community and to support American active duty military personnel, as well as all honorably discharged veterans, and those who were physically and mentally wounded as a result of their service.
- Marine Corps Association (MCA) publishes the history of the Marine Corps and disseminate “…information concerning the aims, purposes and deeds of the Corps, and the interchange of ideas for the betterment and improvement of its officers and men…”
- Minority Women Veterans Organization helps minority women veterans successfully transition from the military life to civilian life through providing resources, seminars, and networks in various fields such as health, entrepreneurship, art and technology.
- National Association of American Veterans empowers service members and disabled veterans by giving them access to information on education, employment, housing, nutritional and spiritual wellness, medical care information, respite care, veteran mobility van assistance, job training, and career coaching.
- Non Commisioned Officers Association (NCOA) enhances and maintains the quality of life for noncommissioned and petty officers in all branches of the Armed Forces, National Guard and Reserves.
- O*Net Online - Link to military search codes or titles from the Military Occupational Classification (MOC) to search for jobs available.
- Student Veterans of America Student Veterans is dedicated to providing military veterans with the resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education, achieve their academic goals, and obtain meaningful employment
- Veteran Business Owners Association VBOA assists veterans in developing and managing their own successful business.
- American Veterans for Equal Rights (AVER) is a chapter-based Veterans Service Organization of active, reserve, and veteran service members dedicated to full and equal rights and equitable treatment for all present and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- AMVets (American Veterans) a Congressionally-chartered veterans service organization that provides various services such as scholarships for veterans to pursue higher education, advocating for veterans’ rights, and helping veterans reintegrate back into civilian life through career services and workshops.
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) serves its members by providing a forum for the ethical exchange of information, and increases knowledge through the exploration of issues relevant to its members in information technology, communications and electronics for the defense, homeland security and intelligence communities.
- Army Women’s Foundation an organization made to support army women and veterans in their continued success.
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)is a leading nonprofit charity that provides a lifetime of support for veterans of all generations and their families.
- National Association of Veterans' Program Administrators (NAVPA) promotes professional competency and efficiency and promotes the development, improvement and extension of opportunities to any veteran or dependent of a veteran for his or her personal growth and development.
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans (NCHV) is the resource and technical assistance center for community-based service providers and agencies that provide emergency and supportive housing, food, health services, job training and placement assistance, legal aid and case management support.
- The Value of a Veteran provides support to organizations for developing a military veteran recruiting and retention program.
- Veterans Legal Institute provides pro bono legal assistance to homeless, at risk, disabled, and low income current and former service members.
Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri: 10am - 12pm & 1 - 3pm
Indiana State University Career Center
231 North 6th Walkway
Terre Haute, IN 47809