You are here
Explore & Prepare
- Focus2 - Focus2 is a website that gives a series of short assessments that students can take to help them identify potential majors and occupations that best suit their interests, values, and skill sets.
- What Can I Do With This Major - This website provides a list of majors that a student can look through and click on to view more detail about them. The information provided in a listing of a major is typically common careers utilized by the major, typical employers that hire in that field, and strategies to optimize career opportunities. Websites included in the links section provides additional information about each major and the occupations commonly associated with it.
- Learn More Indiana - Learn More Indiana is a website dedicated to helping all students from pre-K to college age in the Hoosier State complete their education. The website gives aid in areas such as planning your career, preparing for college, and mapping out costs and planning for each of them respectively. It also gives links to many resources and provides a planning checklist for students pursuing their education.
- Candid Career - Candid Career aims to provide students honest information about careers along. The website gives students planning help for careers through videos so that can learn as much as they can about their options before choosing a career path. The video interviews are filmed without narration or actors and are just real people speaking about their career experiences.
- Career Readiness Competencies - a foundation from which to demonstrate requisite core competencies that broadly prepare the college educated for success in the workplace and lifelong career management.
- ISU Certificate Programs - Various leadership, and workplace certificate programs which prepare college students for the workplace.
- Career Learning Modules - Learning modules that will assist students for a specific career and professional skill development.
- BigInterview - BigInterview is a platform targeted to coaching a student through the interviewing process with insights, practice questions, and mock interviews so that they can nail their interview.
- Career Fair Prep Toolbox - Learn how to gain the best experience at a career fair in the toolbox.
- TenThousandCoffees - The Indiana State University Career Center’s mentoring platform where students, employer, and alumni select topics that they are seeking advice or willing to mentor on and then Ten Thousand Coffees pairs the best students, employer, and alumni matches. After this match, mentee and mentor determine how often they connect, whether it is in person or virtually, and what the mentoring will consist of. Conversation themes and icebreakers are provided to help make conversation easier.
- UpKey - We provide high school seniors and college students with fun, interesting, and engaging learning tracks to help them cultivate a marketable professional image, show off their grit and tenacity, and emphasize their potential. We’re here to level the playing field. If you share our vision for a more diverse, inclusive world where opportunities aren’t just limited to the privileged and every young person gets a chance to shine, we want to hear from you.
- Workplace Skills Certificate - The Workplace Professional Skills Certificate is designed to train Indiana State University students in professional workplace skills that will benefit them in their student employment positions as well as their internships and future professional employment.
Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri: 10am - 12pm & 1 - 3pm
Indiana State University Career Center
231 North 6th Walkway
Terre Haute, IN 47809