You are here
Women's History Month
2022 Women's History Month Colloquium
Women’s History Month Colloquium
Asynchronous events March 28-31, 2022
Celebrating African American women! Look for yard signs around campus all week.
Created by HIST 213 African American Women students (Spring 2021)
“Women’s History at the Debs House” tours with
Allison Duerk, Director, Eugene V. Debs Museum
Email email@example.com to reserve tours. Mask are required.
Most events are in the Cunningham Memorial Library at ISU.
Library Events Area is on the main floor in the south-east corner. Library Room 028 is on the lower level.
- 9:00 am , Dr. Ruth Fairbanks (History, Gender Studies)
Role Play game on the founding of the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps during World War Two - Library Events Area – Advanced Registration Required by March 25, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to play.
- 1:00 pm , Ms. Michelle Morahn (History)
“When Cinderella Ran the Show: Bertha Duppler Baur in Chicago” Library Events Area
- 1:00 pm , Dr. Debra Israel (Economics; Gender Studies)
“From Commons to Poverty: The Nobel Prize-winning Economics of Elinor Ostrom and Esther Duflo”
Library Room 028
- 9:30 am , Dr. Lisa Phillips (History; Gender Studies)
“Gendering Service Work: Wal-Mart from the 1950’s-1970’s” Library Events Area
- 12:30 pm , Dr. Namita Goswami (Multidisciplinary Studies-Philosophy, Gender Studies) and Dr. Amanda Lubold (Multidisciplinary Studies-Sociology; Gender Studies)
Documentary: 13th Description: Combining archival footage with testimony from activists and scholars, director Ava DuVernay's examination of the U.S. prison system looks at how the country's history of racial inequality drives the high rate of incarceration in America.
Library Events Area
- 12:30 pm HIST 313 Capitalism, Dr. Lisa Phillips (History)
“Gendering Service Work: Wal-Mart from the 1950’s-1970’s” Library Room 028
- 9:00 am, Dr. Keri Yousif (Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, Gender Studies)
“WTF? Gender and Swearing Interactive” Interactive Presentation Library Events Area
- 9:00 am , Dr. Ruth Fairbanks (History; Gender Studies)
WAAC Game Reflection Library room 028
- -1:00 pm , Dr. Lain Mathers (Multidisciplinary Studies=Sociology; Gender Studies) “Expecting Trouble: Pregnancy Discrimination & the American Workplace, 1940-present” Dr. Ruth Fairbanks Library Events Area
- 5:00 pm Dr. Linda Maule (Dean, University College; Political Science, Gender Studies) ,
“Women in the Legal Profession” Panel moderated by Josie Angel DEDE I, HMSU
- 12:30 pm Dr. Barbara Skinner (History)
“Women and the Russian Invasion of Ukraine” Presentation Library Events Area
- 5:00 pm “Missing in America: White Woman Syndrome and Its Effects on Black Women and Girls, Nina Mims (student research paper presentation) Library Events Area
Many thanks to our generous sponsors
- Gender Studies Program
- Schellenberg Social Justice and Community Endowed Fund
- Department of Multidisciplinary Studies
- Department of History and African and African American Studies
- Department of Economics
- Cunningham Memorial Library
- Eugene V. Debs Museum