You are here
Summer Science Camp
FOR ELEMENTARY & MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS
The camp is open to children who will be enrolled in grades K-6 for the next academic year (2019-2020).Children who enroll in the camp will be divided into three groups according to their next year's grade level.
This year's camp will focus on Physics and Chemistry.
DATES & LOCATION
Summer Science Camp 2019 will be held July 22- August 2. During this period, the camp will not meet on weekends.
Most activities will take place on the ISU campus in the Science Building. However, field trips may take students off campus. The times of departure and arrival for the field trips may differ from the regular session time.
- Tuesday, July 23: White Violet Center, Terre Haute (8 am – 12 pm)
- Thursday, July 25: WTWO/Fowler park, Terre Haute (8 am –12 pm)
- Tuesday, July 30: Conner Prairie, Indianapolis (8 am – 4 pm)
COST AND HOW TO REGISTER
Please mail the form above with a check payable to Indiana State University to:
600 Chestnut Street
ISU Summer Science Camp
Center for Science Education S191
Terre Haute, IN 47809
The parent meeting will be held on Thursday, July 18 th on the first floor of the Science Building in room 176. The meeting will start at 6:30 pm and will cover all information that you will need, as well as answer any questions you may have.
- The camp is hosted by the ISU Center for Science Education. In the process of completing their science methods course, Elementary Education students will serve as the instructors of the camp.
- The student instructors will be supervised and mentored by licensed teachers. Additional direction and supervision will be provided by Dr. Elsun Seung, the instructor of the science methods course, SCED 393/SCED 393L.
- The personnel working at the camp have passed criminal background checks.
DROP OFF/PICKUP LOCATION AND TIME
- While summer science camp is in session, children should be dropped off and picked up from a central location. This will be in the parking lot on the corner of Chestnut and 5th Streets, DIRECTLY outside of Pickerl Hall. For further clarification, please see attached map.
- The drop off time will be between 7:45 a.m. and 7:55 a.m. each morning.Your children will be escorted by university students, from the central location to their classroom in the Science Building. Any child arriving late will need to be escorted to the Science Building by a parent or guardian. Pickup time by the parents should be 11:45 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
If there are any problems or questions please contact the Center for Science Education:
- By phone at 812-237-3010
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (Student worker, Jared Norris)