Big Data 4 ISU - Enhancing Diversity in Biomedical Data Science
Do you want to be a part of working on the most important and challenging problems in health care - curing cancer and other diseases? Do you want to be a part of the "big data revolution" and be on the cutting edge of new technology? Do you want to be a part of a program that combines the student-centered atmosphere of Indiana State University with the world-class expertise and facilities of The Ohio State University? Then BD4ISU is the program for you at Indiana State University.
BD4ISU (Big Data 4 ISU) is a program to prepare ISU undergraduate students for high quality jobs and graduate programs in the area of big data and the biomedical sciences, one of the hottest areas nationally and in Indiana. ISU is partnering with The Ohio State University (OSU) to develop a curriculum that includes biology, mathematics, and computer science, and a knowledge base and skill-set using big data and the latest tools. ISU and OSU are grateful to have the support of the NIH (National Institutes of Health, citation below) to fund the program and small cohorts of student researchers from under-represented groups. With NIH's support, select students will be paid researchers/interns at ISU during the academic year and summer, spend a summer as paid researchers/interns at OSU, receive cutting edge training from both ISU and OSU, and be a part of small cohorts of participating students who recieve individualized mentoring and assistance.
Key information of interest to ISU students and faculty is linked from the menu above. This website will be kept up to date as the program is developed with more information and resources.
- ISU Communications & Marketing story - $1.2M NIH grant to serve underrepresented students in biomedical science fields
- Project information on NIH website - Project Information - BD4ISU: BIG DATA FOR INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY.
- Graduate Assistants working on the project are listed on the Contact page
- BD4ISU first cohort present posters at SURE Symposium.
- Workshops for Summer 2019 have ended.
- BD4ISU is actively recruiting. Click here to apply - https://indstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_br887fewPlopWZv
- Be on the lookout for workshop plans for summer of 2020.
To stay up to date on BD4ISU, you can subscribe to the project's announcements email list at http://listserv.indstate.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=BD4ISU-L&A=1.