This page will be kept up to date as positions become available with BD4ISU.
We are currently taking applications to hire ISU students as student research assistants to start either immediately.
- To apply - click here - https://indstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_br887fewPlopWZv to fill out the application. Note that the application is very brief, so please do complete the application now if you are interested.
- Requirements to apply -
- Interest in learning how to use computers and computation to analyze data in biomedical fields of science. Preference to majors in biology, pre-medicine, computer science, mathematics.
- GPA at or above 3.0 preferred.
- Member of an under-represented group. Contact us if you have questions.
- Deadline - We are currently taking applications for the current term and for the fall. Students may be admitted on a rolling basis as long as positions remain unfilled.
- Qualifying Students will participate in -
- Research intern position during the fall and spring semesters: $8.40 per hour and from 8 to 15 hours per week.
- Training workshops and mentorship during the fall and spring semesters.
- 10 week ISU summer research internship (during first summer of participation): $3500 stipend, room and board.
- 10 week Ohio State University summer research internship (during second summer of participation): $2760 stipend and housing. (summer 2021 will be contingent on funding)
- Possibility of travel to appropriate conferences and/or workshops off campus as part of training.
- GRE training during last two years at ISU.
- Summer activities.
- This program is renewable for up to two years of support.
- This program does not include a tuition waiver. The positions are paid research internship positions, they are not scholarships.
Note - if you are interested in this program but not qualified to apply for the paid positions, please do contact us to let us know you are interested so we can keep you updated on parts of the program you can participate in.
Staff and GA Positions
We are not hiring any staff or GA positions at this time.
The following are some places to look for internships for BD4ISU students who have finished the 2 year BD4ISU program.
- NIH Internships - https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/sip
- NSF REU Internships - http://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.jsp
- ISU's Career Center Handshake - http://www.indstate.edu/career-center/handshake
- Large companies and agencies in the region