You are here
Admission Procedures and Standards
See "Programs" for application checklist
Instructions for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
Listed below are instructions for students completing masters, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees.
Note to Online Learners Residing Outside of Indiana: Currently, Indiana State University is not offering
any online programs in Massachusetts. We do offer numerous programs in most other states.
For a complete list, visit program availability.
Step 1: Submit the following to Graduate Admissions (at right).
1. Application: Apply on-line.
2. $45.00 application fee (nonrefundable). Payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University (include SSN or student ID). No cash accepted. An application cannot be evaluated until the fee has been received. ISU students returning within two years from their last enrollment will be exempt from the $45.00 fee.
3. Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions (see address above). E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your institution is located outside of the U.S., you must follow our guidelines for an official evaluation of your transcript.
4. Official GRE, GMAT, and PRAXIS scores (if required by program) must be sent directly from testing center to Graduate Admissions (above).
5. Please upload and attach any additional application materials required by the department as part of the online application process (if required), for example, statement of purpose, resumes/curriculum vita. Refer to the admissions requirements for individual programs published in the graduate catalog or contact the program director as the required documents vary.
Admission Procedures and StandardsDeadlines
A variety of research areas are available to graduate students in Biology. If interested, you can view or download the following Biology application forms:
You should also check the site for the School of Graduate Studies, which has links to additional required application forms for the Graduate School.
Note: Applicants are responsible for completing the application process in a timely fashion. The College of Graduate and Professional Studies is not responsible for delays caused by mailing services. Please note that an application will not be reviewed until all required documents are received.
Admission is evaluated based on the strength of the application, including:
- Undergraduate GPA or previous graduate GPA
- GRE or GMAT test scores (if required by the program)
- Recommendation letters (if required by the program)
- Statement of purpose (if required by the program)
Indiana State University grants regular, conditional, and provisional admission status. [details]
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904