You are here
ISU Student Contest
The Contemporary Music Festival Committee encourages interested student performers and composers to take part in the 52nd annual ISU CMF Student Performer/Composer Recital scheduled for Thursday, October 25, 2018. Due to the importance of this event, a high level of preparation and musicianship is expected from all participants. Auditions for this event will take place on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, in the Recital Hall. Students who are selected to participate in the Festival will be notified by Friday, September 28.
Participants must be undergraduate or graduate music majors or minors who are enrolled as full-time students and enrolled in performance study at ISU, both at the time of the audition and at the time of the concert (exception to this rule is made for students during their student-teaching or internship semester).
- Solo or chamber works (for performers: work composed within the last 30 years)
- Time limit: up to a total of 10 minutes
- Contact your studio teacher or a festival committee member for assistance in finding repertoire
- Completed Online Application Form and copy of score submitted to Dr. Fowler
- Consent to audition by applied teacher (if performing), Mr. Powers (if submitting a composition), and/or Martha Krasnican (by September 12 if using an accompanist); verify consent on application
- Live audition for CMF Student Recital Committee: Wednesday, September 27 beginning at 4:00 pm
- If requesting an accompanist, submit request to Martha Krasnican by September 12
- Submit Online Application Form by Wednesday, September 19
- Submit a copy of the score to Dr. Kurt Fowler by Wednesday, September 19
- If chosen, program notes and performer biographies due to the online Program Information Form by Monday, October 1
- Applications not complete by the application due date date will not be considered