You are here
Music Now Contest
Indiana State University Contemporary Music Festival
Music Now Chamber Music Contest
Call for Scores
Application deadline: June 1, 2019
The Indiana State University School of Music invites the submission of solo/chamber scores for its 53rd Contemporary Music Festival on October 23–25, 2019. Principal festival guests include composer Robert Paterson, the Indianapolis Quartet, and the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra. Compositions selected from this Call for Scores will be presented at the Music Now concert on Friday, October 25, 2019.
- Composers must be US citizens or US residents.
- Composers may submit one score only.
- Submissions must be original compositions, not arrangements.
- Works must be solo or chamber music compositions (1–6 performers).
- Compositions must have been written since 2004.
- Selected composers are required to attend the performance of their compositions at their own expense. Funding will not be provided by Indiana State University.
- Composers should secure their own performers if at all possible. Although every effort to find local performers will be made, pieces submitted may be disqualified if performers are not available. Funding for performers will not be provided by Indiana State University.
- Completed Online Application Form
- One full score (please omit name of composer) submitted electronically.
- A corresponding recording with title of composition (please omit name of composer) submitted electronically. MIDI realizations, mp3, aac, and m4a are all acceptable.
Method of submission for score and media files:
Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be submitted no later than June 1, 2019. Entrants will be notified of the results of the Call for Scores by July 15, 2019.
Dr. Paul Bro, Music Now Concert Coordinator