You are here
Music Now Contest
Call for Scores
The Indiana State University School of Music invites the submission of solo/chamber scores for its 57th Contemporary Music Festival on October 25-27, 2023. Principal festival guests include Principal Guest Composer Miguel del Aguila and Chicago-based chamber ensemble Picosa. Compositions selected from this Call for Scores will be performed by ISU faculty and invited guests at the Music Now concert on Friday, October 27, 2023.
All scores must be received by June 15, 2023. Winners will be announced by July 15, 2023.
There are no restrictions regarding the age or gender of the applicant. Contestants must be citizens or legal residents of the United States. Winners of the competition within the last five years are not eligible.
Compositions may not exceed 15 minutes in length.
- Composers may submit one score only.
- Submissions must be original compositions, not arrangements.
- Works must be solo or chamber music compositions (1-6 performers).
- Compositions must have been written since 2008.
- Selected composers are required to attend the performance of their compositions at their own expense. Funding will not be provided by Indiana State University.
- Composers should secure their own performers if at all possible. Although every effort to find local performers will be made, pieces submitted may be disqualified if performers are not available. Funding for performers will not be provided by Indiana State University.
- Completed Online Application Form
- One anonymous full score in PDF format (please omit name of composer)
- A corresponding anonymous recording with title of composition (please omit name of composer). MIDI realizations, mp3, and aac (m4a) files are all acceptable. Please do not send wav or aiff files.
- Electronic documents can be emailed to Paul Bro at email@example.com or shared as file links via Dropbox/Google Drive/iCloud or other such services.
Incomplete entries will not be considered. All entries must be submitted no later than June 15, 2023. Entrants will be notified of the results of the Call for Scores by July 15, 2023.