You are here
Certificate in ESL
Certificate in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (undergraduate certificate)
- LING 311 - Linguistic Analysis of English-- 3 hrs.
- LING 316 - Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language-- 3 hrs.
- LING 420 - Language Acquisition-- 3 hrs.
One elective chosen in consultation with advisor appropriate to student’s background and needs
Applied Experience Requirement:
This requirement is fulfilled by doing one of the following:
- two years of study (or equivalent fluency) of a non-native language;
- experience living in a non-native culture (three months minimum);
- ESL/EFL teaching or cross-cultural experience (three months minimum).
Department of Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics