You are here
Summer Math Refresher
Registration is closed for 2017. We plan to run this program Summer 2018.
Thank you to everyone that participated!
The summer math refresher program is open to any student enrolled at Indiana State University in the upcoming academic year. It was designed to benefit students that plan to take Math 015 (Fundamentals of Algebra I), Math 035 (Fundamentals of Algebra II), Math 115 (College Algebra), Math 241 (Principles of Statistics), or Math 131 (Calculus I), but may have deficiencies in skills necessary to succeed in that Math class.
Cost to students is $50 which will be refunded in the form of a Barnes & Noble gift card if the student completes the program. The student will also be eligible to retake the Maple TA placement test at a designated location. The program will run July 10 - August 4 through Blackboard. There will be a calendar of topics given, but students are welcome to set their own timetable. Tutors will also be available through Blackboard Collaborate, Yuja, and on campus at scheduled times.
The Summer Algebra Refresher is a review of basic Algebra skills that are prerequisite for Math 115. No part of Math 115 is covered.
Topics will include:
- Algebra Basics
- Expressions, Equations, & Inequalities
- Polynomials & Factoring
- Rational Expressions & Complex Numbers
The Summer Trigonometry Refresher is a review of Trigonometry for students that have the Algebra skills needed for Math 131, but either did not take Trigonometry in high school or would like to refresh their Trigonometry skills.
Topics will include:
- The Basics of Trigonometry
- The Unit Circle
- Formulas & Identities
Registration and Payment Options:
- Pay online using a credit card. Register for the Summer Math Refresher or the Summer Trigonometry Refresher (click on your choice).
- Pay by mail using a check or money order. Mail to: Indiana State University, Extended Learning, Math/ALG Refresher Course, Tirey Hall Room 133A, 220 N 7th Street, Terre Haute, Indiana 47809
- Pay in person using cash/check/credit card. Go to Tirey Hall Room 133A Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Pay by phone using a credit card. Call (812) 237-2345