You are here
The Don Dudine Scholarship is a $1000 scholarship open to members of the Marching Sycamores who are not music majors at the School of Music. Recipients of this scholarship will be selected by an appointed Scholarship Committee at Indiana State University, with guidance from the Director of Athletic Bands (or their designee). The Director of Athletic Bands will identify the top needs in regard to instrumentation. Consideration for this scholarship shall be given to an Indiana State University student or prospective student who meets the following criteria
- Has submitted the Dudine Scholarship Application Form;
- Has furnished a letter of recommendation from their high school band director;
- Has submitted a video audition (details will be mailed after submission of application form);
- Has been accepted at Indiana State University, and has a major other than Music;
- Has registered for MUS 109 or 409 and participates the full season with the Marching Sycamores;
- Attends all performances by the Marching Sycamores.
This scholarship is awarded on an annual basis and is automatically renewable for up to three years, as long as the applicant continues their membership in the Marching Sycamores, and is in good standing (e.g., no monies owed, no performance absences or excessive rehearsal absences, etc.). Scholarship recipients will complete a written letter of appreciation to the donor, which will also serve as the student's official acceptance of the scholarship.