You are here
What To Bring...
One of the more frequently asked questions we receive about Sycamore Band Camp is...what do I bring? While this checklist is by no means comprehensive, we suggest the following:
(* denotes a required item):
- Black Shorts* (mid-thigh, no logos, no stripe) - for "B Uniform"
- Black Socks* (mid-calf or higher) - for "B Uniform" (and "A Uniform" too!)
- Black Marching Shoes* (non-patent leather) - we can order these at band camp as well, if needed
- Hat with a wide brim or ballcap* (REQUIRED from everyone - bare heads not allowed!)
- Sunblock/Sunscreen/Lip Care (SPF 20 or higher, or you WILL get burned to a crisp)
- Flip folder* (all musicians) and lyre* (except sousaphones)
- Your instrument* (unless renting, or color guard)
- Necessary instrumental accessories (mouthpiece, reeds, sticks, valve oil, etc.)
- Shorts (we do NOT recommend jeans, chinos, or any other long pants)
- Light, breathable clothes (dark colours are not a good choice)
- Sneakers or cross trainers* (absolutely no flip flops or any shoe without a reinforced heel)
- Undergarments (enough for the duration of camp, please)
- Bug repellant, medication, water bottle, etc.
- Toiletries, including (please) deodorant, toothpaste, etc.
- Cash or blank checks (for incidentals, instrument rental fee if applicable, etc.)
- We will also be accepting credit card payments this year for the first time.