You are here
The University appoints a number of assistants and fellows through its academic departments. Selection is highly competitive. Students seeking information on the availability of and standards for appointment should contact the appropriate academic department.
In addition, a limited number of assistantships are available elsewhere on campus; open positions are available on the Career Center website under Student Employment.
For further information on standards and requirements for assistantships and fellowships, visit the graduate catalog.
Graduate Assistantship Work Dates
Graduate Assistants will begin work on the Thursday prior to the first day of classes for the semester. Graduate Assistants will work throughout the semester until their last day of work which will be the Friday before Commencement. Summer Graduate Assistants may have altered start and end dates, please contact the supervisor for more information regarding specific Summer work dates.
Information for Current Assistants/Fellows
- CGS Resolution Regarding Assistantships
- Graduate Assistantship and Scholarship/Fee Waiver Guidelines
- Graduate Assistantship Time Reporting Guidelines
- Graduate Assistantship Time Reporting Instructions (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant Stipend Floors for 2021-2022 (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant Stipend Floors for 2022-2023 (PDF)
- Pay Dates
- Fee Waivers 2021-2022 (PDF)