Instructions for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
Listed below are instructions for students completing masters, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees.
Important: Graduate programs in the following departments have program-specific applications: Applied Medicine and Rehabilitation; Psychology; Social Work; and Communication Disorders, and Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology. Applicants to these programs must contact the program coordinator or visit the department's website prior to submitting any admission materials. [details].
Note to Online Learners Residing Outside of Indiana: Currently, Indiana State University is not offering any online programs in Massachusetts. We do offer numerous programs in most other states. For a complete list, visit program availability.
Step 1: Submit the following to Graduate Admissions (at right).
1. Application: Apply on-line.
2. $45.00 application fee (nonrefundable). Payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University (include SSN or student ID). No cash accepted. An application cannot be evaluated until the fee has been received. ISU students returning within two years from their last enrollment will be exempt from the $45.00 fee.
3. Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions (see address above). E-transcripts should be sent to email@example.com. If your institution is located outside of the U.S., you must follow our guidelines for an official evaluation of your transcript.
5. Please upload and attach any additional application materials required by the department as part of the online application process (if required), for example, statement of purpose, resumes/curriculum vita. Refer to the admissions requirements for individual programs published in the graduate catalog or contact the program director as the required documents vary.
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
Deadlines vary by program. Contact the academic department or program coordinator to determine admission deadlines and other important dates.
Note: Applicants are responsible for completing the application process in a timely fashion. The College of Graduate and Professional Studies is not responsible for delays caused by mailing services. Please note that an application will not be reviewed until all required documents are received.
Admission is evaluated based on the strength of the application, including:
- Undergraduate GPA or previous graduate GPA
- GRE or GMAT test scores (if required by the program)
- Recommendation letters (if required by the program)
- Statement of purpose (if required by the program)
Indiana State University grants regular, conditional, and provisional admission status. [details]