The University appoints a number of assistants and fellows through its academic departments. Selection is highly competitive. Students seeking information on the availability of and standards for appointment should contact the appropriate academic department.
In addition, a limited number of assistantships are available elsewhere on campus; open positions are available on the Career Center website under Student Employment.
For further information on standards and requirements for assistantships and fellowships, visit the graduate catalog.
Graduate Assistantship Information for Spring 2021
As always, graduate assistants must report to work on the Thursday before the first day of classes. Because of the change in schedule for the Spring 2021 semester, that date has changed to January 14, 2021. The last day of work will be the same: May 7, 2021.
All graduate assistants must enter hours in Kronos on January 14 or 15 to be paid for the ST-2 pay period. The amount of pay will not change; graduate assistants receive one-ninth of their semester stipend for each pay period.
Information and Forms for Current Assistants/Fellows
- CGS Resolution Regarding Assistantships
- Fee Waiver 2020 2021 - Draft (PDF)
- Graduate Assistantship and Scholarship/Fee Waiver Guidelines
- Graduate Assistantship Pay Authorization
- Graduate Assistantship Time Reporting Guidelines
- Graduate Assistant Position Request Form (Word)
- Graduate Assistant Stipend Floors for Fiscal Year 2020 (PDF)
- Graduate Assistant Stipend Floors for Fiscal Year 2021 (PDF)
- Graduate Assistantship Termination Request (PDF)
- Pay Dates
- Tuition Fellowships & Scholarships Form
The Catalog of Indiana State University is the document of authority for all students. The requirements given in the catalog supersede information issued by any academic department, program, college, or school. The University reserves the right to change the requirements at any time.