You are here
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
Spring 2019 Doctoral Hooding Ceremony Information
May 10, 2019
Indiana State University Hulman Center
We have more candidates participating than we expected, and we do not want to limit the number of guests who can attend. Therefore, we are moving the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony to the Hulman Center. Please note the following and share this information with your guests.
Information for Guests
- The Hulman Center will open at 6:00 pm for guests.
- The recommended parking area is Lot R/Lot 15, next to University Hall. This is between 8th and 9th Streets and Chestnut Street.
- Guests may enter through the west entrance (on 8th Street) or the south entrance (on Cherry Street).
- The doors in sections B and H will be open for guest seating. Guests must sit only in those sections of the arena.
- There are designated spaces for guests with special needs; these are limited, so those guests needing accommodations are encouraged to arrive early.
- The Hulman Center is under construction. Please be careful when walking outside around the building. In addition, you are encouraged to wear lightweight clothing as it may be hot inside.
Information for Candidates
- Please come to the Hulman Center at 6:00 pm. You will be robing and lining up in the meeting room complex on the lower level.
- You may enter the Hulman Center through the west entrance or the south entrance. Take the stairs or elevator near the west entrance to the lower level.
- Bring your full academic regalia with you (robe, tam, hood). You will wear your robe and tam and carry your hood over your left arm.
- CGPS staff will be providing instructions and demonstrations for the hooding procedure at 6:30 pm.
- You and your faculty hooder will be lined up in order and sit together through the ceremony.
- The processional will start at 6:50 pm. Your name will be on your chairs both in the meeting room and in the arena. This order is critical—please don’t make any changes.
- You will have a card with your name, your hooder’s name, and your dissertation/project title that you will hand to me on stage. I will be in the meeting room to check on the pronunciation of your name.
After the Ceremony
- There will be a dessert reception in the University Hall Atrium immediately following the hooding ceremony.
- The CGPS Banner will be in the Atrium for photos.
- Everyone must leave the Hulman Center immediately following the ceremony so that it can be set for Commencement the next day.
Please contact Sunshine Mack (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. We look forward to seeing you on May 10, 2019.