3.4 Misconduct Against Property
- 3.4.1 Theft
Theft of property or services or knowingly possessing stolen property as well as wrongful taking and/or use of others’ property.
- 3.4.2 Vandalism
Vandalism is the intentional and/or reckless destruction or damage of University property or the property of others.
- 3.4.3 Unauthorized Use/Entry
Unauthorized Use/Entry refers to the unauthorized use, entry, occupancy, or possession of University or private facilities, structure, or property.
- 3.4.4 Unauthorized Use of Access Device
Unauthorized Use of Access Device refers to unauthorized possession, duplication, or use of keys, entry codes or devices to any University premises.
- 3.4.5 University Computing Policies
Theft or other abuse of University computer facilities and resources, including but not limited to:
- 3.4.5a Unauthorized entry into a file to use, read, or change the contents, or for any other purpose;
- 3.4.5b Unauthorized transfer of a file;
- 3.4.5c Use of another individual’s identification and/ or password. This includes, but not limited to, use of technology to obtain passwords or private information (e.g. use of specialized keyboards to obtain faculty specific information or passwords);
- 3.4.5d Use of computing facilities and resources to interfere with the work of others;
- 3.4.5e Use of computing facilities and resources to send obscene or abusive messages;
- 3.4.5f Use of computing facilities and resources to interfere with normal operation of the Indiana State University computing system;
- 3.4.5g Use of computing facilities or resources in violation of copyright laws.
- 3.4.5h Violation of University Policy 810 Acceptable Use of Information Technology All university community members are expected to adhere to all aspects of this policy and may be held accountable for violations via established procedures. For specific information, please refer to University Policy 810 in the policy library.
- 3.4.5i Violation of all other University Computer policies not specifically described in the Code.