1.4 Student’s Relation to University Community
Indiana State University, as an institution of higher education, has rights and responsibilities of its own, including:
- To provide opportunities for students of the University to present and debate public issues.
- To require persons on University-owned or -controlled property to present appropriate identification.
- To establish reasonable standards of conduct for all persons on the campus in order to safeguard the educational process and to provide for the safety and welfare of its students, visitors, and University property.
- To restrict students of the University from using its name, its finances, or its physical and operating facilities for commercial activities, except in cases involving University groups as provided for in policies governing use of the campus facilities and fund-raising activities.
- To provide, for registered student groups of the University, the use of campus facilities under the policies of the campus.