Apply For Support

The CSRC provides support for undergraduate research in two primary ways:

  1. Grants to Support the Research or Creativity Project Itself (Non-Travel)  Note: if travel is required for the project to collect data or use instrumentation away from ISU, that kind of travel can be requested.  No travel to conferences to present research.  
  2. Student Wages Support - Faculty can Apply to Pay for Undergraduate Students to Work on their Projects

Funding Guidelines 

  1. Applicants may receive support only once per fiscal year (unless compelling reasons are provided).  Student wages are able to be requested more than once per fiscal year.
  2. Applicants may request support only during the semester in which the research will take place. CSRC divides its funds so that research in the fall and pring will have equal opportunities to receive support.
  3. The applicant must be enrolled as an undergraduate student (at least 12 credit hours).
  4. Research involving human subjects, and that will be presented or published outside of ISU, requires Institutional Review Board approval before research can be started
  5. Due dates for requests are announced, but generally by the end of September beginning of October for fall and earl to mid February for spring.  
  6. All funds are transferred to the department of the faculty sponsor. Funds are distributed on a reimbursement basis unless  transaction is handled by the department. ISU accounting procedures and travel policies must be followed when submitting  documentation.
  7. Unused monies are to be returned to the CSRC.

To apply for research/creative project support, use this link:

To apply for student wage support (only faculty can request student wages), use this link:


If you have any questions please email Dr. Thomas Steiger or call (812) 237-3426.

Contact Us

Dr. Thomas Steiger, Director
Holmstedt Hall 256
Indiana State University