You are here
School and Educational Psychology Admissions
Full consideration is given to applications completed by the end of the first full week in January. Rolling admissions are available for applications completed through May 1st, as space allows.
Our programs are committed to admitting students whose likelihood of success is greatest, both during graduate study and throughout their professional careers. Admission to the program represents a major commitment for the University and for the student. The school psychology faculty encourages applications from those who are seriously committed to careers in professional psychology and school psychology. Admission decisions are based upon several items including prior undergraduate and graduate coursework and GPA; work and service experiences, especially with children and adolescents; research experience; and overall student-program fit.
We're pursuing a change in doctoral degree type from a Ph.D. to a Psy.D. Prior to applying for consideration in the doctoral program, please contact Dr. Carrie Ball (Carrie.Ball@indstate.edu).
Apply to our program by completing the College of Graduate and Professional Studies application.
- Go to https://apply.indstate.edu/apply/ and create an account (new users) or log in (returning users).
- Select “New Application.”
- Complete the “Personal Information” and “Citizenship” information to ensure you can see all of the programs for which you are eligible.
- In the “Graduate Program of Study” section, select the following:
- Campus – “Indiana State University Main Campus”
- Field of Interest – “Psychology”
- Program of Study – “EdS – School Psychology” or “PhD – School Psychology”
- Term – Fall
- Student Type – “New Graduate” (if this would be your first enrollment in an ISU graduate program) or “Returning Graduate” (if you were previously enrolled in an ISU graduate program)
- Complete the “Academic History,” “Additional Information,” and “Military” sections.
- Under “Recommendations,” after you have obtained permission to use someone as a reference, enter their name and email address into your application. References will receive an email from Indiana State Admissions with a link to upload their letter of recommendation. Two letters of recommendation are required (we recommend inviting three individuals to ensure at least two are submitted).
- Confirm your intention to apply with “Signature” and “Review” to submit.
- After you have completed payment of the application fee and submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail inviting you to login to your account and view the status of the application. On that status page, you will see a place to “Upload Materials.”
- Submit a 2-3 page “Personal Statement,” describing your professional experiences and goals and why you feel the school psychology program is right for you. For doctoral applicants, please include information about your research interests.
- Submit a current CV or resume.
- Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions (see address above). E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your institution is located outside of the U.S., you must follow our guidelines for an official evaluation of your transcript.
Contact us for help or with questions!
If you have any questions or encounter any problems with the application process, or if you would like to know whether your materials have been received by the program, please contact Rebecca Poindexter (email@example.com) or Carrie Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.