You are here
School and Educational Psychology Admissions
Full consideration is given to applications completed by the end of the first full week in January. Rolling admissions are available for applications completed through May 1st, as space allows.
Our programs are committed to admitting students whose likelihood of success is greatest, both during graduate study and throughout their professional careers. Admission to the program represents a major commitment for the University and for the student. The school psychology faculty encourages applications from those who are seriously committed to careers in professional psychology and school psychology. Admission decisions are based upon several items including prior undergraduate and graduate coursework and GPA; work and service experiences, especially with children and adolescents; research experience; GRE scores; and overall student-program fit.
Instructions for applying to ISU School Psychology Programs:
1. Complete the online application to the ISU College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS): http://www.indstate.edu/graduate/apply.htm.
2. On the “Supplemental Materials” section of the application, provide contact information for three individuals who will provide a recommendation regarding your application. Please Note: This must be done at the time you complete your application. Once your application has been submitted, the individual will be contacted directly with a link to upload their letters. It is highly recommended that you let them know when your application has been submitted so they do not inadvertently ignore the request.
3. Also on the “Supplemental Materials” section of the application:
(a) Use the “Resume” link to upload a current resume or curriculum vitae
(b) Use the “Letter of Intent” link to upload a 2-3-page personal statement that describes your academic and professional experiences, interest in school psychology, and research interests
Please Note: Either of these documents can also be uploaded at a later time by signing in to your application and clicking on the link to “Upload & Attach Documents” in the Quick Links box.
4. Pay the $45 application fee (nonrefundable). Payable by Visa, MasterCard, or check or money order payable to Indiana State University. Follow the CGPS link above for further instructions.
5. Official transcripts for all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions. Once your application is complete, you should receive a confirmation e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to request official transcripts.
6. Official GRE scores must be sent directly from ETS to Graduate Admissions. Instructions for sending GRE scores are available at: http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/scores/send/
Contact us for help or with questions!
If you have any questions or encounter any problems with the application process, or if you would like to know whether your materials have been received by the program, please contact Rebecca Poindexter (email@example.com) or Carrie Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.