You are here
Certificate in Psychoeducational Assessment
The certificate in psychoeducational assessment provides students with in-depth training surrounding the administration and scoring of psychoeducational assessments (e.g., cognitive, achievement, social/emotional). The program does not result in licensure, but would prepare individuals to administer psychoeducational assessments under the direction of a school psychologist.
The certificate program is 12 credit hours and takes 16 months to complete. Students will complete a fieldwork experience during the second Fall semester, which will give them hands-on experience and feedback concerning utilization of these assessments in the school environment. An overview of coursework can be found in
The certificate program is offered in a hybrid format. This means that a portion of the coursework can be completed without on-campus attendance. However, all courses will require synchronous participation, and weekly in-person attendance is expected during the first two semesters.
Dr. Alyce Hopple (email@example.com) is the director of the certificate program.
Full consideration is given to applications completed by March 1st.
We are committed to admitting students whose likelihood of success is greatest. In addition to prior coursework and GPA, admissions decisions are based upon evidence of relevant work experience, strong professional communication skills, and letters of support and recommendation.
Apply to our program by completing the College of Graduate and Professional Studies application.
1. Go to https://apply.indstate.edu/apply/ and create an account (new users) or log in (returning users).
2. Select “New Application.”
3. Complete the “Personal Information” and “Citizenship” information to ensure you can see all of the programs for which you are eligible.
4. In the “Graduate Program of Study” section, select the following:
a. Campus – “Indiana State University Main Campus”
b. Field of Interest – “Psychology”
c. Program of Study – "Certificate"
d. Term – Fall
e. Student Type – “New Graduate” (if this would be your first enrollment in an ISU graduate program) or “Returning Graduate” (if you were previously enrolled in an ISU graduate program)
5. Complete the “Academic History,” “Additional Information,” and “Military” sections.
6. Under “Recommendations,” after you have obtained permission to use someone as a reference, enter their name and email address into your application. References will receive an email from Indiana State Admissions with a link to upload their letter of recommendation. One letter of recommendation is required.
7. Confirm your intention to apply with “Signature” and “Review” to submit.
8. After submitting the application, upload the remainder of the required materials.
- One letter of recommendation from someone who knows the prospective student in an academic and/or professional capacity
- A letter of support from a school district administrator, director of special services, or equivalent, indicating the agency’s willingness to support the applicant’s completion of the certificate, including supervision of required field experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A one-page letter of introduction that describes the applicant’s interest in the certificate and intended use of the skills acquired
Contact us for help or with questions!
If you have any questions or encounter any problems with the application process, or if you would like to know whether your materials have been received by the program, please contact Rebecca Poindexter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alyce Hopple (email@example.com ) for assistance.