How to Apply- Ph.D. Educational Admin (K-12 District Leadership)
Applications are due by February 14 with notification of decision by April 15. The selection process will include an interview with the candidate. Failure to submit all of the above items in a timely manner can delay your admission decision. We will accept after this date, but seats will be limited. Those students who have a completed Ed.S. degree in Educational Administration will be given first consideration.
“Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states.”
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Earned bachelor's, master’s and preferred Educational Specialist degree from
- an accredited college or university
- Hold or be eligible for the Standard License for either Elementary School Administration and
- Supervision or Secondary School Administration and Supervision
- Have graduate work and experience commensurate with the student’s objectives as
- evaluated by the EDLR faculty
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Have a graduate grade point average of 3.25 or above with no deficiencies
You must submit the following items along with your Graduate School Application:
- Department Application
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can comment on your potential as a leader
- Personal Narrative of professional goals and past experiences
- GRE is NOT required.
- Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions at Indiana State University. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper Transcripts should be sent to:
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
PLEASE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO OUR DEPARTMENT.
THEY MUST GO TO GRADUATE ADMISSIONS.