You are here
How to Apply: MS- Student Affairs & Higher Education
The SAHE program admits students for FALL only.
The SAHE application deadline is December 31st for admission in the FALL of the upcoming year. The only program start time is in the fall semester. There is no spring or summer start time. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis with program coordinator approval. Timely submission of all items listed below is essential to receive an invitation to the February on-campus assistantship interview days which is required for all on-campus students.
“Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states.”
Please Note: the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is NOT required for admission to the SAHE program. You are not required to submit scores.
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Have an overall undergraduate grade point average near or above 2.75 on a 4.00 point scale. For students with a GPA near or below 2.75 on a 4.00 point scale GPA, special attention is given to their final 60 credit hours
- Have an approved assistantship (on-campus applicants) or work full time (distance applicants) in an approved area of Student Affairs and Higher Education. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis
You must submit the following items along with your Graduate School Application:
- Personal Statement of Goals and Experience
- Three letters of reccomendation from persons who can comment on your potential and/or fit for the program
- Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions at Indiana State University. E-transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
Paper Transcripts should be sent to:
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
PLEASE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO OUR DEPARTMENT.
THEY MUST GO TO GRADUATE ADMISSIONS.