You are here
How to Apply: PhD Higher Education Leadership
The Higher Education Leadership Program does not have a "rolling admission" process for submission of applications. The doctoral application deadline is February 17th for a FALL admission with the selection process occurring in March and notification of admittance given in April. There is no SPRING OR SUMMER cohorts/admission, however exceptions can be made on a case by case basis with the approval of the Higher Education Program Coordinator.
Applications are due by February 17 with notification of decision by the of April. Failure to submit all of the above items in a timely manner can delay your admission decision.
“Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states.”
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Earned a bachelor's and master’s degrees from an accredited college or university
- Have graduate work and experience commensurate with the student’s objectives
as evaluated by the EDLR faculty
You must submit the following items along with your Graduate School Application:
- Department Application
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can comment on your potential as a leader
- Personal Narrative of professional goals and past experiences
- Verbal & Written GRE scores that must be current within the last five years
- Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions at Indiana State University. E-transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
Paper Transcripts should be sent to:
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
PLEASE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO OUR DEPARTMENT.
THEY MUST GO TO GRADUATE ADMISSIONS.