You are here
How to Apply: School Administrator Licensing
*This is for Indiana Licensure only. For other state licensing, please check the requirements with your State DOE.
Under Intended Field of Study on Application choose- ND School Administrator License
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an Indiana Resident
- Earned bachelor's and master’s degrees with a major in an appropriate area
- Accredited college or university with minimum GPA of 2.50
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 on all graduate work attempted
- Hold or eligible for an Indiana teaching license
- Minimum of 2 years full-time teaching experience
You must submit the following items along with your Graduate School Application:
- Letter of recommendation from one’s school principal or other person able to comment on one’s potential as a school administrator
- Personal Narrative of professional goals and past experiences
- Documentation of all licenses and certifications held
- Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions at Indiana State University. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper Transcripts should be sent to:
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
PLEASE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO OUR DEPARTMENT.
THEY MUST GO TO GRADUATE ADMISSIONS.
Students preparing for principal internship experience are to fill out the Internship Program Application.