You are here
How to Apply: Career & Technical Education Licensing
Under Intended Field of Study on Application choose- ND- Director of Career & Tech.
Failure to submit all of the above items in a timely manner can delay your admission decision.
“Distance Education Students Residing outside of Indiana: Each of the states has its own approval processes for out-of-state institutions offering distance education. While Indiana State University endeavors to offer all of its programs to as wide an audience as possible, all ISU distance education programs may not be available in all states.”
In order to apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Earned bachelor's and master’s degrees from an accredited college or university.
- Have either a standard or proficient practitioner teaching or school services license in the field of Career and
Technical Education, Business Education, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Human Resources Development,
and have a minimum of 2 years experience in the appropriate license area.
- Have graduate work and experience commensurate with the student’s objectives as evaluated by the EDLR faculty.
- Have a graduate grade point average of 3.25 or above with no deficiencies.
You must submit the following items along with your Graduate School Application:
- Personal Narrative of professional goals and past experiences.
- Documentation of all licenses and certifications held.
- Letter of recommendation from one’s school principal or other person able to comment on one’s potential as a school administrator.
- Official transcripts for all U.S. institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be sent directly from the school attended to Graduate Admissions at Indiana State University. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper Transcripts should be sent to:
Indiana State University
318 North Sixth Street
Terre Haute, IN 47809-1904
PLEASE DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO OUR DEPARTMENT.
THEY MUST GO TO GRADUATE ADMISSIONS.