You are here

International Shipping and Purchasing

Sending or taking controlled technology, information, or goods outside of the United States is considered an export and may require an export license. The list of items that may trigger a license requirement is long and includes biological material, electronics, genetic material, cameras, software, computers, design kits etc. The Office of Purchasing is the primary contact for international shipping and purchasing concerns. Purchasing will screen vendors and review terms and conditions of agreements and shipping requirements. If additional information is needed, Purchasing will consult with the Export Control Committee.

Note that equipment and materials purchased by the University to support research and educational activities may be subject to export or import control requirements. Foreign nationals are generally permitted to use export-controlled items on campus however, access to controlled information, technology, source code and object code may require a license or other authorization.


Office of the General Counsel
Phone: (812) 237-4141

Office of Sponsored Programs
Phone: (812) 237-3088

Center for Global Engagement
Phone: (812) 237-4325

Office of Information Technology
Phone: (812) 237-2100

Purchasing and Receiving
Phone: (812) 237-3600

Human Resources
Phone: (812) 237-4114