College Challenge at Parke Heritage High School
Park Heritage High School students may participate in College Challenge, an Indiana State University dual credit program that enables eligible students to earn ISU college credit in courses taught by high school teachers at Parke Heritage High School.
Courses are arranged within each student's regular schedule, not outside of regular school hours. The student earns college credit (at a significantly reduced rate) and high school credit simultaneously.
Courses & Fees
The following dual credit College Challenge courses are offered at Park Heritage:
- COMM 101 - Intro to Speech Comm. - 3 credits. Kathleen Rush - Fee $75.00
- ENVI 110/110L - Intro to Enviro. Science - 4 credits. Jennifer Pakiz - Fee $100.00
To request a new course, ask the high school teacher teaching the desired course (or high school counselor) to contact the Director, College Challenge Program at ISU-CollegeChallenge@indstate.edu.
To be eligible, Parke Heritage students must:
1. Have attained a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
2. Be recommended for the program by their high school counselor, teacher, or principal.
3. Have the desire and ability to do the work.
How to Register
1. To register for a College Challenge course, students must contact the high school teacher (listed above) or the high school guidance counselor. They will provide all of the necessary information and assistance, including instructions for the online application. All applications for ISU require a SS# for the student. Early contact is essential to ensure consideration.
2. Students need to register online through their high school teacher. Students will be billed $25 per credit hour. Bills will be sent via regular postal service to the student's home address on record at ISU approximately ten days following registration.
3. Upon completion of the registration process, students need to log on to the MyISU Portal to activate their Sycamore login. Students should contact the high school teacher for instructions for logging on to the portal. From the portal site, students can view their final grades and request official transcripts.
Note: Students who are eligible to receive free or reduced lunch are also eligible for a tuition fee waiver. The student's high school must provide documentation of the student's free/reduced lunch eligibility.
The College Challenge tuition rate of $25 per credit hour is due in full on the date specified on the student's bill. Late or partial payments will not be accepted. If the bill is not paid in full by the payment deadline indicated on the bill, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the College Challenge course.
All students are eligible for a $250 College Challenge Success Award to attend Indiana State University (provided they earn a "C" or better in their College Challenge courses and meet other eligibility requirements).
For information on other ISU scholarships and awards, visit scholarships.
Dual credit earned through the College Challenge Program is recorded on an official Indiana State University transcript. This transcript is part of the student's permanent record at ISU. Students who wish to use ISU credit at another institution must request an official transcript be sent to the intended college or university.
Frequently Asked Questions
College Challenge Program
Indiana State University
134E Tirey Hall
Terre Haute, Indiana 47809
Phone: (812) 237-2345
Fax: (812) 237-2525
High School Students & Parents:
Please contact your high school counselor for more information about College Challenge. High School Educators:
If you are a high school educator or administrator, please contact the College Challenge director for assistance: