College Challenge at Terre Haute South Vigo High School
Terre Haute South Vigo High School students may participate in College Challenge, an Indiana State University dual credit program that enables eligible students to earn ISU college credit in courses taught by high school teachers at Terre Haute South Vigo High School.
Courses are arranged within each student's regular schedule, not outside of regular school hours. The student earns college credit (at a significantly reduced rate) and high school credit simultaneously.
Courses & Fees
The following dual credit College Challenge courses are offered at Terre Haute South:
- ATTR 210/201L - Hum. Anatomy - 3 credits. Katie Miller
- COMM 101 - Intro to Sp. Comm - 3 credits. Whitney Boyce
- ENG 105 - Freshman Writing II - 3 credits. Whitney Boyce
- ENG 105 - Freshman Writing II - 3 credits. Gina Minar
- ENG 105 - Freshman Writing II - 3 credits. Traci Kyle
- EPSY 202 - Psych. of Childhood & Ado. - 3 credits. Beth Sagraves
- HIST 201 - US to 1877 - 3 credits. Jay Engle
- HIST 202 - US Since 1865 - 3 credits. Jay Engle
- MATH 112 - Trig - 2 credits. Christine Davies
- MATH 115 - Col. Alg. - 3 credits. Christine Davies
- PE 220/220L - Hum. Physiology - 3 credits. Katie Miller
- SPED 226 - Excep. Learner in the Reg. Classroom - 3 credits. Beth Sagraves
- TAM 111 - Clothing I - 3 credits. Beth Sagraves
- TAM 211 - Intermed Clothing - 3 credits. Beth Sagraves
- TAM 217 - Textiles - 3 credits. Beth Sagraves
- UNIV 101 - University 101 - 3 credits. Joan Zuerner
To request a new course, ask the high school teacher teaching the desired course (or high school counselor) to contact the Director, College Challenge Program at ISU-CollegeChallenge@indstate.edu.
To be eligible, Terre Haute South Vigo high school students must:
1. Have attained a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
2. Be recommended for the program by their high school counselor, teacher, or principal.
3. Have the desire and ability to do the work.
How to Register
1. To register for a College Challenge course, students must contact the high school teacher (listed above) or the high school guidance counselor. They will provide all of the necessary information and assistance, including instructions for the online application. All applications for ISU require a SS# for the student. Early contact is essential to ensure consideration.
2. Students need to register online through their high school teacher. Students will be billed $25 per credit hour. Bills will be sent via regular postal service to the student's home address on record at ISU approximately ten days following registration.
3. Upon completion of the registration process, students need to log on to the MyISU Portal to activate their Sycamore login. Students should contact the high school teacher for instructions for logging on to the portal. From the portal site, students can view their final grades and request official transcripts.
Note: Students who are eligible to receive free or reduced lunch are also eligible for a tuition fee waiver. The student's high school must provide documentation of the student's free/reduced lunch eligibility.
The College Challenge tuition rate of $25 per credit hour is due in full on the date specified on the student's bill. Late or partial payments will not be accepted. If the bill is not paid in full by the payment deadline indicated on the bill, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the College Challenge course.
Dual credit earned through the College Challenge Program is recorded on an official Indiana State University transcript. This transcript is part of the student's permanent record at ISU. Students who wish to use ISU credit at another institution must request an official transcript be sent to the intended college or university.
Frequently Asked Questions
High School Students & Parents:
Please contact your high school counselor for more information about College Challenge. High School Educators:
If you are a high school educator or administrator, please contact the College Challenge director for assistance: