You are here
What We Accept
Recycle Items We Accept:
Newspaper (including most inserts)
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Corrugated Cardboard (clean & dry) (flatten when possible)
- Paper (clean & dry)
- Copier Paper (all colors)
- File Folders
- Junk Mail
- Computer Paper
- Office Paper
- NO Carbon Paper
- NO Gift Wrap
- Steel Beverage & Food
- Steel Lids
- No Plastic of any kind: Market prices are again so low that we cannot accept plastic (5/17/2023). (Vigo County Solid Waste Management is currently accepting plastic bottles & jugs for Vigo County residents only.)
- NO Glass (Vigo County Solid Waste Management is currently accepting glass for Vigo County residents only.)
- NO Books until further notice.
- NO Chipboard (such as, cereal boxes and similar packaging).
- NO Wax Coatings (such as, milk cartons & juice cartons).
- NO Styrofoam
- NO Batteries
- NO TVs (Vigo County Solid Waste Management accepts TVs for recycling for a $20 per each fee on certain days.)
- Here are a few tips to make recycling easier for you and our drive-through crew:
- Please remove any styrofoam or plastic from cardboard boxes.
- Please rinse cans to remove any residue and to not attract bees.
- If you need help unloading, one of the crew will be glad to assist you.